Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bluebird

Another Bird...masa paper collage on canvas






I just returned from a walk. I was enjoying the glorious weather and the neighbor's flowers when a magnificent bluebird flew into my sight.

He had as they say, "the sky on his back", he also had the sunset on his breast. The Robin Redbreast was there also. He was big and sturdy and busy. A no nonsense sort of fellow.

This jewel of a bluebird flew in and out so quickly, but left a colorful impression.

Have you had people in your life who seemed to be gone in an instant, but will never be far from your heart?

2 comments:

  1. Beth,

    Walks are around the neighborhood are a never ending source of inspiration--on my walk back from work to my car, I saw the most jewel like humming bird, whose body glowed liked peridot. I like the idea of creating pieces based on your citings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something new to see when I walk. I am waiting for the hummingbirds to arrive here, my feeder is out. Although the temperature dropped into the 40s last night so maybe they know better.

    ReplyDelete